Applications Closed for the 2015 Award
Thank you for your interest in the Construction and Engineering Scholarship. Applications for 2015 are now closed.
Congratulations to last year’s winner, Kyle E!
MortgageRefinanceRates.org is happy to provide scholarships for applicants who are currently enrolled in an engineering, construction, or architecture related field and who are pursuing further education in these respectable areas.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit an essay of 500-1000 words explaining what they hope to accomplish during their career in the construction or engineering field. Applications will be read and judged by the editorial staff at MortgageRefinanceRates.org and will select one winner annually. The Award will be given out before the beginning of the Fall semester, on August 15th, 2014. The application deadline for the scholarship is one month prior to the winner announcement date, or July 12th, 2014.
Applications are welcome from anybody who meets the application requirements. If you are currently enrolled in an engineering, construction, or architecture program, you are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
If you wish to apply, please review the application requirements and submit all information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Scholarship Application Here.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- $1,000 annual scholarship to be awarded to the chosen applicant.
- Scholarship shall be awarded to one (1) recipient. Applicants must be any person 17 years of age or older who is currently accepted to an engineering, construction, or architecture related program, undergraduate or graduate (advanced degree) program at an accredited institution of learning within the United States.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age or older and be accepted to or attending a full-time engineering, construction, or architecture program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant must be attending the program within an accredited institution within the United States.
- Applicant must be either a citizen of the United States or a foreign student with a valid United States Student Visa.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, based on the previous year’s academic performance.
- Application Process
- Applicant shall submit all contact information as contained within the application, including name, address, phone number, email, date of birth and sex.
- Applicant must be prepared to submit proof of age should he or she be chosen as the winner and recipient of the scholarship.
- Applicant shall be prepared to submit proof of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited institution of learning should he or she be chosen as winner and recipient of the scholarship.
- Applicant must submit an essay of at least 500 words, but no more than 1000 words, explaining what they hope to accomplish in the field of engineering, construction, or architecture and how they will impact the lives of others with the education and knowledge they acquire while in school. This essay will also include the student’s opinion on why they feel they should be selected to receive the scholarship funds.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel and the winner will be selected based on criteria set forth in the requirements section of this document as well as the opinions of the editors of MortgageRefinanceRates.org.
- Once the winner is decided and notified of the award, he or she will be mailed a 1099-MISC tax form and the check will be delivered to their address. The winner of the scholarship will be fully responsible for the taxes incurred from receiving the award.
- applications are now being accepted and will close one month prior to the date the award is given (July 15, 2014).
- All application inquiries and submissions may be made via email at scholarship@MortgageRefinanceRates.org.
- Download the Scholarship Application Here.